Natural remedies for shingles are still preferred by many. Varicella-Zoster virus, which is responsible for Chicken Pox as well, is causing shingles. Symptoms of shingles are emerging in adulthood after a significantly latent period. Individuals who are attacked by shingles usually get fever, stomach ache, rashes with itch, blisters, chills and pain. Patients can automatically recover from Shingles within weeks but during the skin disease starting and finishing stage, patients will experience extensive discomfort and desolation. You could be prescribed to have drugs like Zovirax, Prednisone, and Valtrex by your physician in order to make the skin disease heal faster but since taking antiviral drugs and painkillers have side effects, you may opt to look for ways to recover naturally if you will follow the instructions below.
Simple Processes To Take
- Drink as much as 3 to 4 cups of green tea per day because antiviral properties of the green tea can help you start getting rid of the symptoms.
- Homeopathic components such as Arsenicum album can treat the burning sensation associated with shingles. It is recommended to use a dosage of 30c for 3 days, two times daily. Later reduce the strength to 12c to see the further improvement. If you can see the improvement, stop using this. In case of its failure to make the patient improve his or her condition, try Rhus Toxicodendron, Apis Mellifica, or Clematis Erecta. A homeopathic expert can better assist you with this and advise you which option you should use.
- Alfalfa, Cayenne, Astragalus root, Dandelion, red clover, and other herbs promote healing of shingles. Aside from healing, you can use these herbs to relieve itch and pain on the rashes but keep in mind that these may have possible side effects if were used with other drugs. So, check for this before you decide to use these herbs.
- Some useful oils work better for the natural remedy of shingles. These can bring relief and can heal shingles faster. Use Lemon, Bergamot, and Eucalyptus oils to derive desired results. Put a few drops of these oil essences diluted with Olive oil and massage this on your painful rashes or blisters.
- Soothe blisters by dabbing a cotton on hydrogen peroxide and rub it on the affected area. Doing this will prevent blister infections. Consider dabbing a cotton on an organic apple cider vinegar (Test the acidity first on your skin. Start with a teaspoon amount) diluted in water and then, apply this on the painful shingles area.
Shingles will surely make you look ugly which results in lower self-esteem to the point that you don’t want to go out of your house. Also, it is a threatening disease to the public. Although people cannot get shingles just by talking, coughing and sneezing with you but you might still infect them if your skin with rashes touches them. So, take care of separating yourself from other people until you are completely free from this skin disease.
Cool Water Application
Low temperature undoubtedly helps patients get rid of pain associated with shingles. Using cool water can be a good treatment for patients who want to have pain and itch relief. It is strongly recommended for patients to take cool baths or showers on regular intervals. Using natural kitchen ingredients like baking soda or oatmeal will definitely help patients relieve itching. Application of wet compress as an alternative for shower or bath can also help. Vitamin-E oil and Aloe Vera are nutritious for the skin; applying a small amount of these on a warm compress will also help.
In accordance with the guidelines of health authorities, healthy diet can sooth the condition of blisters to a lot of degree. Taking diet such as eating non-processed sugar, vegetables and fruits (canned or natural) can prevent infection further and better than other foods. Citrus Fruits, Bell Peppers, Strawberries, Brussels sprouts, Tomatoes, and Guava are perfect examples of Vitamin-C enriched foods. Hazelnuts, Almonds, Papayas, Avocados, leafy greens such as Spinach, Kale, Swiss Chard, Broccoli, etc are examples of Vitamin-E enriched foods. All of those, helps individuals to get comfort from the disgusting blisters caused by shingles. As long as those are taken on a regular basis, the severity of shingles will become less. Taking proper diet is the best way to prevent and heal shingles. These foods can also help patients keep their body fit and healthy.
It will be okay if patients will take supplements along with healthy diets according to the Health-Guidance. An individual can take 1,000 mg per day of Vitamin-C which can easily dissolve in water. Vitamin-E supplements can be received before meals in accordance with the supplement’s instructions. These supplements can help the patient recover from pain related to shingles. Also, Vitamin B-12 can be taken by injections or vaccines in order to relieve the pain. Consult with a physician first so you will know if you can take these supplements and vaccines.
Find a Physician
Though you are taking natural remedies, you should consult with your physician about what you are going to do with the natural treatment. Taking casual approach to treat shingles may cause severe damage to your health. Natural remedy does not mean that it is 100% safe. Also, if the natural remedy fails to help you recover completely, you should not waste your time and you should contact a physician as early as possible. The physician or doctor will decide if you need special treatment or you can still continue with the natural treatment. Your physician can prescribe antiviral drugs which can accelerate the process of healing and lessen complications. Anticonvulsant drugs could be prescribed as well. Topical numbing agents, gabapentin, antidepressants, etc can be included within the prescription. Your physician will also suggest you if you should continue natural treatment along with these drugs.
The main objective of the treatment is to heal from shingles. You can opt for any kind of sophisticated treatments as long as you can benefit from these. However, before starting with natural remedies for shingles, it is recommended to consult with your trusted physician.